Natural linen is a fabric derived from stems of flax plants. One of the oldest fabrics on Earth, it is versatile and multifunctional. Linen fabric types are classified by weave, composition, yarn count, as well as warp and weft density.
It is used by world fashion houses for sewing blouses, dresses, jackets and trousers. Boho-inspired linen accessories, bags and shoes, white linen dresses are a hot summer 2019 trend.
Natural linen costs more than cotton fabric, and it’s worth the cost. This fabric is extremely durable and it gets better over time. Linen is not a fabric for everyone. Its rustic look is far from glamorous. As linen is not resilient, one can call it a high-maintenance fabric. But the advantages of it are numerous.
- Strong – the strongest of the vegetable fibers,
- Durable – doesn’t fade in the sun and doesn’t lose colour with time,
- High absorbability – absorbs up to 12% of body moist,
- Temperature regulation — keeps cold out and lowers the body temperature by 3-4%, when it’s hot,
- Lustrous – more lustrous than cotton fabric.
Tissura linen collection is very variegated, and comprises as solid as embroidered and printed linen designs to meet the most refined tastes.
Shop for linen fabrics by such legendary European brands as Austrian HOH, Italian Lanificio Lineaquattro and Swiss Forster Rohner.