Chiffon fabric is an airy, sheer and slightly textured type of silk, famous for flowy drapes and subtle sheen. It is one of timeless trends that turn everyone’s heads. This fabric has a loose and plain weave. It is generally used for creating bridal gowns, evening and prom dresses, as well as for light summer dresses.
Silk chiffon has a diaphanous structure (the weight is about 17-50 g/m 2), which is great for evening or cocktail dresses with a romantic fleur. This silk type also offers a soft drape, a subtle sheen and a pleasant tactile feel, so amazing for any outfit you fancy creating.
Types of Chiffon for Your Dress
Though classic silk chiffon is timelessly popular, there are other types, no less amazing:
- satin chiffon — with a smooth and lustrous satin finish,
- stretch silk chiffon — contains elastane for a stretch effect,
- metallic silk chiffon — contains metallic fibres for a noble sheen,
- silk chiffon degrade — with colors flowing from one to another,
- silk devore — gone through a chemical etching of viscose fibres to create a special pattern, and
- fil coupe silk chiffon — featuring small jacquard (or woven-in) patterns that create a distinctive frayed look underneath.
Tissura offers a widest range of silk chiffon fabric by Europe’s most famous brands renowned for their high quality production standards: Italian Taroni and Carnet, French Belinac and Swiss Jakob Schlaepfer.
Our company constantly keeps an eye on the hottest current and upcoming fashion trends. Moreover, Tissura develops its own silk designs and produces them by agreement with our suppliers. The combination of these factors makes our chiffon fabrics your first choice.