Silk taffeta fabric is a stiff and smooth type of cloth with an iridescent glimmer. It features a crispy surface and produces an unmistakable rustle as you move. This fabric is timelessly in fashion, and in 2019 it is popular for wedding dresses, prom and ball gowns.
This type of silk is quite stiff, which results in its bad creasing. Some other remarkable features, such as high durability and water repellent properties, are defined in many respects by its weight, which ranges from 100 to 200 g/m 2.
5 Hottest Types of Silk Taffeta in 2019
Tissura represents the luxurious collection of silk taffeta fabrics meeting the latest fashion trends, as well as those expected in 2019. It comprises the following silk taffeta kinds:
- Silk taffeta degrade — with the effect of smooth colour transition,
- Shot silk taffeta — yarns in warp and weft are painted in different colours for a marvellous iridescent effect,
- Jacquard silk taffeta — features a jacquard weave design,
- Silk shantung taffeta — woven of raw silk,
- Stretch silk taffeta — with a stretch effect uncommon for typical silk taffeta.
We monitor the latest fashion trends and offer you fabrics according to them. To foresee the upcoming trends of next seasons, we attend the international exhibition of haute couture and premium luxe fabrics Premiere Vision, which is annually organised in Paris. Moreover, we always develop our own fabric designs to guarantee you the one-of-a-kind look, so desirable by fashionistas.