Cotton dress fabrics represent the group of natural textiles intended for creating a dress. Coming in different weave types, these fabrics are often lightweight and thin, which makes them a go-to option for a summer dress. The heavier options can be styled into warmer outfits.
The stage of fabric selecting is one of the most captivating and important ones in dressmaking, as it largely affects the entire concept of your dress. Colourway, pattern type, the way it drapes and looks against your skin — there are many factors to assess before making the final decision.
How to Select?
Given a number of outstanding properties cotton fabrics feature, and the highest popularity of cotton as a clothing fabric per se, there’s no surprise cotton dress fabrics are represented by various types of weave. To select the desirable one, it is important to learn their main properties:
- Lawn — a cotton fabric of plain weave with a smooth and untextured surface with a crisp finish;
- Voile — airy, sheer and perfectly drapable cloth with a plain weave for a wide range of flowy garments besides just dresses, such as tunics, skirts and blouses;
- Sateen — lightweight cotton material known for its soft, smooth hand and stylish lustre;
- Poplin — a particularly durable sort of cotton, known for its softness and smooth hand;
- Sateen — another wear-resistant cotton type that retains colours for years, exceptionally resistant to wrinkling and feeling great against your skin;
- Twill — distinctive by its diagonal ribs, this fabric has found its place in hearts of millions fashionistas around the globe for its dust-proof properties, ease at washing, wrinkle resistance and stunning drape;
- Organdy — moisture-absorbing and shape retaining, this fabric is also known for a plethora of great qualities with airiness and organza-like texture to be among the most precious ones;
- Velvet — the softest and tenderest of all cotton types, this legendary fabric features an exceptionally soft and tender hand due to its piled structure. At all times, it has also been loved for its precious physical properties, such as hypoallergenicity, breathability and moisture absorbency.
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to note Tissura cotton fabric range is intended to meet nearly any cotton dress ideas that you can be driven by. It has always been our top priority to offer you the plethora of cotton weave types, a variety of patterned and solid designs, rich palette and impeccable quality ensured by the leading European cotton producers. Hausammann, Liberty, Carnet, Leggiuno, Cotonificio Albini are just some of the most prolific and renowned manufacturers in the field, whose fabrics are presented in the largest quantity at our online store.
Quality is our cornerstone. No matter how famous the supplier is, we always check every single metre of all the fabrics we purchase to make sure there no single occasional flaw happened neither on the stage of weaving nor dyeing.
What makes our collection truly unique, is that many of our cotton dress fabrics are customised specially for Tissura, which speaks volumes about our level of cooperation with the main players on the couture fabric production market. Custom colourways, custom prints, and the corresponding signature on the edge of a fabric are intended to make your look truly one-of-a-kind.