Velvet fabric is a luxury cotton or viscose type of cloth featuring a cut pile. The magnificent look, amazing physical properties and complex production process of this fabric have always made it the attribute of nobility. Today, velvet is perceived as a go-to option for evening dresses, jackets, skirts and trousers.
Velvet can also include silk and insignificant portions of elastane for a stretching effect. The natural fibres make it a true pleasure for your body, in addition to its most famous properties: perfect durability, natural sheen and soft drape.
Luxury Velvet Dress Fabrics
This precious cloth comes in various types:
- Velvet fabric — the essential velvet at its best,
- Cotton velvet — velvet made of 100% cotton,
- Stretch velvet — velvet with inclusions of elastane,
- Velvet devore — velvet with a chemical burnout effect.
What makes velvet so remarkable, is an amazing play of light and shade, resulting in varying colour depth. These effects are enhanced with a dramatic draped effect, which creates folds.
Velvet Fabric Collection
Tissura offers an extensive assortment of velvet fabrics from the world-renowned European manufacturers. What is so special about our velvet range?
- First of all, our suppliers are time-tested partners renowned for unbeatable quality: Pontoglio, Redaelli, Bouton-Renaud, Carnet and Jakob Schlaepfer;
- Second, no matter what manufacturer we deal with, our purchasing department thoroughly examines every single metre of all the fabrics we buy;
- Third, Tissura has regular collections of fabrics. It means that anytime you check our range of velvets, you will find only the latest fabric collections.