Most luxurious velvet fabrics come from prominent Italian, Swiss and French brands. Here is the list of the famous manufacturers:
- Carnet (Italy),
- Jakob Schlaepfer (Switzerland),
- Pontoglio (Italy),
- Ostinelli (Italy),
- Bouton-Renaud (France).
Different Types of Velvet
This fabric comes in various types:
- Velvet — the essential velvet at its best,
- Cotton velvet — velvet made of 100% cotton,
- Stretch velvet — velvet with inclusions of elastane,
- Velvet devore — velvet with a chemical burnout effect.
As it was mentioned above, velvet weight depends on its composition. We have it in the following range:
- 99% Cotton, 1% Elastane — 228 g/m 2,
- 70% Cotton, 28% Viscose, 2% Elastane — 280 g/m 2,
- 98% Cotton, 2% Elastane — 225-335 g/m 2,
- 82% Viscose, 18% Silk — 148-193 g/m 2,
- 77% Viscose, 23% Silk — 160 g/m 2.
Tissura offers an extensive assortment of velvet fabrics from the world-renowned European manufacturers. What is so special about our velvet range?
- First of all, our suppliers are time-tested partners renowned for unbeatable quality.
- Second, no matter what manufacturer we deal with, our purchasing department thoroughly examines every single metre of all the fabrics we buy.
- Third, Tissura has regular collections of fabrics. It means that anytime you check our range of velvets, you will find only the latest fabric collections.
- Finally, our online shop operates worldwide. No matter what country in live in, our international delivery will bring you the ordered velvet right to your door.