Cotton blend is a popular option for making breathable jersey, comfortable underwear, lightweight summer garments and much more. A blend of premium fibres, added into the weave, strengthens cotton fabric. Metallic threads make cotton jacquard glitter like gold and silver. Fancy yarn, ribbons and other decorations lend cotton tweed boucle its characteristic knobby texture. A touch of elastane provides cotton velvet with some stretch making it perfect for bodycon silhouettes.
Cotton Blend Fashion 2019
In 2019, the trend for cotton-based fabrics is expected to remain strong. The S/S and A/W fashion designs can be devided into the following three major groups:
- Metallic. In 2019, metallic jacquard is all the rage. Sparkling fabrics with 50% cotton and more are soft, thick and durable.
- Stripes. Magnetic striped pattern is an evergreen trend. Choose double-faced jacquards with a blend of premium fibers added for durability and colour retention.
- Florals. Bloom even in winter wearing extra-smooth cotton & silk batiste with a whimsical floral print.
Tissura offers fabrics only by the most renowned European brands:
- Binda — our Italian supplier from the province of Como. Floral and paisley prints against the mustard brown, deep blue and black backgrounds leave no one indifferent;
- Clarenson — a family-owned French manufacturer of a funky tweed boucle for a Chanel-inspired dress;
- Fabric Lab — a renowned manufacturer of reversible stretch, metallic and textured fabrics from Italy;
- Carnet, Ruffo Coli, Luigi Verga and Grosber are synonyms of Italian quality. They manufacture high-end tweed boucle fabrics with a touch of elegance and chic style.