Raincoat fabric is the type of a waterproof cloth that repels or absorbs moisture in a rainy and windy day to keep you warm and snug. What makes it particularly unique, is its breathability — besides the water-repellent properties, it lets the moisture from your body to evaporate.
The Main Types
Similarly to coating fabrics, the raincoat ones basically feature natural fibres, such as wool, silk, linen, and cotton. Their water-repellent mechanism may differ: some fabrics include man-made fibres in their content, whereas others contain a special coating applied onto their surface, thus offering you to get the most out of natural fibres that stay in contact with your skin.
Tissura offers fabrics meeting the following requirements for perfect raincoat fabrics:
- light weight and shape retaining;
- moisture impermeability;
- good aeration;
- resistance to shrinking;
- ease of care;
Browse our range of waterproof breathable fabrics to select between various fibres:
- Wool: coated wool, double coated wool, double faced coated wool, as well as coated quilted wool;
- Silk treated with special repellent to gain waterproof properties;
- Linen, waterproof and water-absorbing;
- Cotton & linen blend coated with special treatment to be rainproof.
Given the tough weather conditions these fabrics are intended for, we select only such trustworthy suppliers as Loro Piana, Taroni, Binda, Liberty, and Belinac.